Using Tinder with Facebook has its problems; Some people don’t like the privacy aspect, they want all the benefits of dating but without having to show all their common connections. Some don’t like that mutual friends will be shown to your matches, as these FB friends may not give you the endorsements that would like, sometimes it is just better without. Plus none of your friends will know about your best tinder openers.
Or you don’t want mutuals friend knowing that you have been organising a date with your new match.
Whatever the reason it is nice to have a clean slate when meeting your Tinder date for the first time.
Is is possible to use tinder without Facebook?
Can you use Tinder without Facebook? In short no, however, if it is for privacy issues then there is another solution, without using your own FB account, what you can do is create a new FB account, this is super easy to do, follow these steps:
- Create a new FB account
- Sign into this new FB account using the FB app on your phone (do this so that you can easily switch between FB accounts if you need to sign into tinder again – sadly Tinder still logs you out occasionally)
- Open Tinder, you will be prompted to ‘sign-in with Facebook’
- Tinder is now active and you can upload pics from your phone
- Open Facebook app, sign out of your new FB account, sign in again with your normal account – done..!
Previously you could only upload pics your Facebook account but now it has changed and you can upload any from your phone, so you can upload your favourite pics without uploading them to your fake profile first.
Hide your Facebook Friends on Tinder
How to hide your Facebook friends on Tinder: To keep your tinder private and use it without being visible to to your Facebook friends, follow these steps:
- Log onto Facebook
- Go to settings
- Go to app visibility – change to ‘Only Me’. +
- (Optional) If you want to be extra sure you can uncheck the friends box to remove access to your friends list.
Pros and cons of hiding your friends
Pros – your match will get to know you from your conversations and dates before you actually meet, instead of them FB messaging a mutual friend for any dirt on you.
Cons – you don’t have any social proof
Read our great post on Tinder Hookup